Online Canadian Visa Application Process, Eligibility and FAQs
CANADIAN VISA ONLINE
A visa is proof that the Canadian consulate or embassy in your country of residence has determined that you are admissible and meet the entry requirements. Citizens of selected countries can apply for the Canadian visa online while all other countries must apply through the regular route. Since August 2015, an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is required for travelers visiting Canada for business, transit or tourism for less than six months. Most nationals do not need a visa for tourist stays in Canada of less than 180 days. Other types of travel (eg for work, study or immigration) generally require a visa. The eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals wishing to travel to Canada by air.
Canadian Visa Types
- Temporary resident visa
- Study permit
- Working license
- Permanent resident travel document
Canada eTA Visa Validity
Your eTA will not expire until the expiration of your passport for which your Canada eTA visa was requested.
What documents are required for a Canadian visa?
The following documents are required for a Canadian visa:
- Your identity card.
- Valid passport with a minimum of two blank pages
- Appropriate application for a Canadian visa.
- A receipt for Canada visa payments.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- A medical examination attesting to excellent health.
- Photographs meeting the criteria for submitting photographs for a Canadian visa.
- Proof of financial situation
- Proof that you will return home after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents proving your identity and marital status.
- A letter explaining why you are visiting Canada.
ONLINE CANADIAN VISA APPLICATION
Today, Canada visa applications have been replaced by the eTA Canada visa, which has the same meaning, has similar criteria and gives travelers the same permission. The online Canadian visa application process is very convenient and achievable. Visitors who are eligible to apply for an eTA Canada visa can obtain the necessary authorization from home at any time of the day without having to visit an embassy or consulate. An eTA Canada visa is a required travel authorization you need to travel to Canada without a traditional visitor or tourist visa. With the availability of the Canadian visa application form online, the applicant can easily apply for an eTA without encountering any hurdles.
Who needs a visa to enter Canada?
Approximately 148 countries require a visa to enter Canada. Citizens of these countries must go through the visa application process depending on the reason for their visit to the country. A visa is required to enter Canada for citizens of countries that do not have travel authorizations (eTAs) or visa waiver agreements. You can obtain different types of visas, for example B. Visitor, study, work or even immigrant visa.
ONLINE CANADIAN VISA APPLICATION
You must follow these simple procedures to apply for a visa to Canada:
- Check if you are eligible to travel to Canada
- Check your eligibility for a Canadian visa.
- Obtain the documents that show you meet the criteria for a visa
- Create an online profile.
- Give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics)
- Assemble the document folder.
- Cover the costs.
- Wait for your Canadian visa to be processed.
- Passport and processing fees must be submitted.
CANADIAN VISA ELIGIBILITY
- You must be 18 years old to apply for the visa as the main applicant.
- You must have a valid government-issued passport that contains at least one blank page. This page should not be the last page.
- Translated and authentic documents
- You must not have a criminal record or supporting court documents.
- You must have sufficient funds to pay the visa application and processing fee.
- You will need a completed and signed visa application form.
- You must be willing to attend interviews and submit your biometrics.
- If necessary, you must agree to a medical examination.
- You must be able to demonstrate that you have sufficient ties to your country of origin and that your visit to Canada is temporary.
- You must be able to prove that you are not here to work or study.
Canadian Visa Frequently Asked Questions
Can I renew my Canadian visa before it expires?
Yes. You must submit your Canadian visa renewal application form at least 30 days before your visa expires.
How can I pay for my Canadian visa?
You can use a credit or debit card.
Will I be required to attend an interview at the visa office? Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada may ask you to attend an interview at the visa office.
How many days does it take to process a Canadian visa?
Processing time is 25-30 business days once the application is complete and all documents have been provided.
How long can I stay in Canada with a valid visa?
You can stay in Canada for a maximum period of 90 days only with a single entry visa.
Do I need biometrics to apply for my Canadian visa?
Visa applicants from Asia, America and Asia-Pacific will need to provide their biometrics.
Company Name: CANADA Official
Contact person: Munaria Thomas Rustam
E-mail: Send an email
Call: +47 22 01 29 00
Address:Haakon VII gate 9
Town: 0161 Oslo